Monday, January 30, 2023

Funny Dream

Two guys were harassing me and interfering with a very simple project I was trying to do. Instead of getting mad, I looked them in the eyes, one at a time, seeing them, and said I was sorry your life is so hard, and that you are hurting so much. I knew they only behaved the way they did because something was broken inside them. I wanted them to know that another human being saw that.

They seemed confused and afraid. My anger they would've understood, but not sincere empathy. The Holy Ghost was palpable, and they seemed both terrified, yet also a tiny bit hopeful that someone was really, actually seeing them for perhaps the first time in their lives.

I finished by saying - slowly, quietly, peacefully, and completely at the behest of the Spirit - "I know that if Jesus Christ were here right now, he would say" (at this point, a mesmerized bystander, thinking I was aiming to hurt, said "I hate you") - "I love you".

I left the room, feeling filled and electrified by the Spirit, and thinking to myself that I should always act that way. And I offered a prayer of thanksgiving for the miracle of kindness I had just been involved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment