Monday, March 30, 2020

Four Steps to Revelation

President Nelson gave a talk on how to receive personal revelation. It's a good read (or listen), and you'll probably get more out of it by going to the source than relying on my summary, but I'm writing this for me, so this is my very short version.

It's a condensation, really, of two key passages:

"Through the manifestations of the Holy Ghost, the Lord will assist us in all our righteous pursuits."

and

"As a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, I prayed daily for revelation and gave thanks to the Lord every time He spoke to my heart and mind."

So:

1) Choose a righteous desire that you want to pursue

2) Pray for revelation about how to accomplish it

3) Thank Heavenly Father for the revelation you receive

4) Act on that revelation

I can't remember an entire 15 minute talk, but I can remember "Choose, Pray, Thank, Act"

No comments:

Post a Comment