Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Joy, Peace, and Spiritual Time Travel

Joy, Peace, and Spiritual Time Travel When I invite His peace, it manifests itself as a tangible release of tension in my chest muscles, and a cessation of negative mental dialogue.

Happiness is a result of focus on a positive external event. If a positive external event is not occurring, then focus on either the memory of an event or the thought of an anticipated future event will suffice.

This is spiritual time travel - the ability to travel instantly back and forth through time. It is a godlike power that humans are gifted with. Lower animals do not possess it. I am not born with the gift in full flower, but only with the potential. I spend a lifetime being trained in its use, by parents, by spiritual leaders, and by myself. Its purpose, after being trained in its proper use, is to allow me to experience joy regardless of my present circumstances.

Joy is to focus on a positive experience, with the belief that it - or something like it - will happen again

Despair (or it's milder form, discouragement) is to focus on a positive event, with the belief that it can't or won't happen again.

Misery is to focus on a negative event - past, present or future - with the belief that it will happen again.

Hope is to focus on a negative event, with the belief that it can't or won't happen again.

I always have the choice to select either joy, hope, misery or despair.

Peace is the resetting of my spiritual time machine to the present moment, plus the belief that when I restart it, I can choose either joy or hope. After I reset to peace, I can bring the peace with me as I time travel. I can examine past events without feeling distress and ask "what can I learn from this?" As I go forward, I can ask, "what can I do to make this happen?"

The adversary mainly uses spiritual time travel to take my mind to a past negative event, then tries to convince me that I have to re-experience the bad feelings of that moment. And that I'm not allowed to leave until.... well, that part's not really clear. The important thing is that I feel bad instead of feeling anything else. Or doing anything but brooding. The point of his game is to waste my time. Then he tries to make me feel bad for not having accomplished anything while I was brooding about the thing he wanted me to spend my time thinking about. So no matter what I do for him, it's not enough. I'm never enough.

Satan's counterfeit to peace is escape (aka diversion or distraction) - resetting to the present moment, plus the belief that when I restart it, I will feel either misery or despair. That encourages me to stay trapped in the present.

I choose peace, joy, and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment