Thursday, November 25, 2021

Blessings of TFHW - Annotated

From Dale G. Renlund's April 2018 "Family History and Temple Work: Sealing and Healing":

"Increased understanding of the Savior and His atoning sacrifice" - He atoned for everyone. As I do work for my ancestors, I can see the atonement save them, too. It's not just for the few living people I know.

"Increased influence of the Holy Ghost to feel strength and direction for our own lives" - As I strive to accomplish the righteous purpose of doing TFHW, the Holy Ghost can guide me.

"Increased faith, so that conversion to the Savior becomes deep and abiding" - I am acting to do TFHW. That shows faith. That is faith. Exercising faith strengthens it, and helps me become more like Him.

"Increased ability and motivation to learn and repent because of an understanding of who we are, where we come from, and a clearer vision of where we are going" - As I ponder the temple and my future exaltation, I have a stronger desire to become more like Him to prepare for it.

"Increased refining, sanctifying, and moderating influences in our hearts" - as I spend more time doing TFHW, I spend less time doing things that are unrighteous or unnecessary.

"Increased joy through an increased ability to feel the love of the Lord" - as I do TFHW, I feel about those I help the way He feels about me. As I become more familiar with it, it becomes easier to recognize it in my life.

"Increased family blessings, no matter our current, past, or future family situation or how imperfect our family tree may be" - As I talk to my family about my family, I feel closer to those I talk to and those I talk about."

"Increased love and appreciation for ancestors and living relatives, so we no longer feel alone" - As I think about what my living and dead relatives went through, I can see that I am not alone in my hardships and struggles.

"Increased power to discern that which needs healing and thus, with the Lord's help, serve others" - As I talk to people about TFHW, I can hear them reveal wounds and sore spots, and do kind things to help.

"Increased protection from temptations and the intensifying influence of the adversary" - As doing TFHW becomes a habit, I have less time and desire for listening to the adversary's whisperings.

"Increased assistance to mend troubled, broken, or anxious hearts and make the wounded whole" - As I practice discerning that which needs healing, the Spirit can more easily guide me to know how to help.

[President Nelson]"Your worship in the temple and your service there for your ancestors will bless you with increased personal revelation and peace and will fortify your commitment to stay on the covenant path" - As I keep asking to know more about my family, my mind is open to the Spirit. The presence of the Spirit brings peace. Peace makes me want to stay on the path that brings it.

No comments:

Post a Comment