Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Daily Ponderings: For Your Iniquities Have Ye Sold Yourselves

2 Nephi 7:1
Yea, for thus saith the Lord: Have I put thee away, or have I cast thee off forever? For thus saith the Lord: Where is the bill of your mother’s divorcement? To whom have I put thee away, or to which of my creditors have I sold you? Yea, to whom have I sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.

I can pursue short term solutions that collapse, or I can pursue the only solutions that I know with certainty, from experience, that will work every time I'm willing to let go of fear and anger and pursue them.

My reaction to fear and anger should be puzzlement and curiosity, for I know that they are alien; followed by a return to the peace and kindness that are normal and common to me. They are my base and my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment