Thursday, April 28, 2022

Daily Ponderings: Add to Your Faith

1 Peter 5-7
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

Add to willingness to act in the face of an uncertain outcome, having my actions characterized by honesty.

Acting according to the best of my knowledge, and enlarging the body of that knowledge that I am acting according to the best of.

Finding a balance in the tradeoff between the costs and benefits of my actions.

Being willing to change my approach if my original plan of action doesn't work.

Considering the consequences as far into the future as I can see.

Being kind to my family, which is easy; and God, strangers, and myself, which can be harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment