Sunday, July 26, 2020

Daily Ponderings: An Entrance Shall Be Ministered

2 Peter 1:11
For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

To enter his kingdom, the things that I do should fall under one of the categories from verses 5-7:

Faith, virtue, knowledge,
temperance, patience, godliness,
and kindness.

I once heard that, in a good movie, every word and scene should either advance the plot or develop character. I wonder if this is something similar?

Empowering beliefs, acting on them, and using the results of those actions to reinforce those empowering beliefs.

Adhering to commandments, obeying them even when the promised blessings don't appear immediately, looking to the future to know that they'll appear eventually.

And the whole time, being kind to everyone I meet, and myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment