Friday, June 12, 2020

Daily Ponderings: If He Come Unto You, Receive Him

Colossians 4:10
Aristarchus my fellowprisoner saluteth you, and Marcus, sister's son to Barnabas, (touching whom ye received commandments: if he come unto you, receive him;)

He whom God places in my path is placed so for my betterment. Thus I should take advantage of the opportunity, and provide him with the whole of my focus and attention, holding nothing back.

I have a habit of limiting how involved I get when I encounter other people. I want most encounters to end quickly, and I'm looking for the door. I am happier when allow myself to be in the moment and not think about the next thing I want to do. I will get to it, but I should also allow myself to enjoy the thing I'm doing now.

I think it's because encounters with people are open-ended, and have no discrete, specific, stopping point. It makes me uncomfortable, because I'm afraid I'll run out of things to say.

And who is the voice of fear? And why should I listen to him?

No comments:

Post a Comment