Thursday, March 2, 2023

Jesus Lives the Beatitudes

POOR IN SPIRIT - recognizing I'm not where I want to be - Luke 2:12 - Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger

MOURN - processing the implications of the need to change - Luke 2:49 - Wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

MEEK - realizing that I have the power to choose to change - Matthew 26:53 - Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and He shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

HUNGER & THIRST - Choosing to change - Matthew 4:2 - And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungered.

MERCIFUL - not beating myself up for not having changed earlier - John 2:4 - Woman, what have I to do with thee? My hour is not yet come.

PURE IN HEART - single-mindedly focused on the work of becoming the new person I want to become - Luke 9:2 - And He sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

PEACEMAKERS - gently & diplomatically handling other people who resist my change - Matthew 22:21 - Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caeser's, and unto God the things that are God's

PERSECUTED - realize it's a reflection on the persecuters, not on me - Matthew 23:33 - Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

REVILED - it doesn't even cause me to doubt or hesitate any more. I'm so focused on who I want to become that I don't think about the revilers. - John 8:6 - Jesus stooped down, and with His finger wrote on the ground, as though He heard them not.

No comments:

Post a Comment