Monday, June 15, 2020

Work, Labor, Patience - A Puzzling Out

1 Thessalonians 1:3
Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

***
work based on empowering beliefs, work based on recognizing the value that the loved one adds to my life over the long term, and patience of a righteous goal.

Work, work, patience. In pursuit of a long-term goal that involves either knowing, speaking, or learning the truth.

Patience of seeking to become more like Him?

Remembering (connecting with, returning to the state of)

The work I did in the absence of a certain outcome because it will improve my life long-term, as I patiently (a Christ-like characteristic, [charity (kindness) is patient]) seek to become more like Him.

Remember always (put myself in the state of) the times I was powerful enough to act kindly toward myself and others in pursuit of becoming more like Him.

***

Not positive that's the right interpretation, but I think it's close.

No comments:

Post a Comment